Cambridge Homes – Luxury Real Estate
New Homes in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
What’s a Patio Home?
- A patio home is different from a centered-home in this way: most homes are centered on their lot meaning the home is built on the middle of the lot. Each side of the home has 5’ to the fence, and another 5’ to the neighbor’s home. So, there’s 10’ between the homes, but a fence divides that space. So you’ve got 5’ on either side of the home, but you can’t really use or enjoy it – you just have to maintain it. In a patio home, the home is actually built on the lot line so all of that 10’ is in one space on the side of your home. Your neighbor’s home has no windows on that side, so that 10’ is a private, outdoor living area just for you. In our patio homes, the front yards are maintained by the HOA. You don’t even have to have a lawnmower! You can just come and go as you please, and the whole neighborhood is beautifully landscaped. One of the advantages of a patio home is the private outdoor living area which makes for wonderful outdoor living spaces for entertaining.
- As a leading home builder in patio homes for over 20 years, we make sure to provide our home owners with very open floor plans that allow lots of natural lighting. Our homes have spacious rooms, because we don’t waste any space on long hallways, which creates a nice flow from one room to the other. Patio homes add more privacy as only 3 of the 4 walls of the home have windows which creates a low-maintenance “lock-and-leave” lifestyle. The side that does not have any windows is the side your neighbor’s outdoor living space will be facing. Other terms used to describe a patio home is a garden home or zero-lot line.
What’s the average time to build a home?
- Average time to build a home from lot selection to completion is between 7-9 months. This allows enough time for permits and inspections to be completed, materials ordered and delivered, and buyer walk through along with any final touch-ups to the home. We will never release the keys to the home buyer unless they are 100% satisfied with the final completion of their new home.
Will I see any ‘hidden’ fees at time of contract?
- No, the home buyer is part of the process from start to finish. No hidden fees, ever. Our transparency allows you to always know the total cost of your home every step of the building process.
What’s a HERS score?
- HERS stands for Home Energy Rating System. This is how we measure the energy efficiency of each new home. The lower the score, the more energy efficient the home and the lower your monthly bills! An average home built 10 years ago has a rating score of 100. New homes built today are less than that. Learn more about the energy efficient luxury homes Cambridge Homes produces with our Residential Energy Guaranteed program.
What contract will I use?
- We use a new home contract provided by the Texas Association of Builders.
I have to sell my home first, will that be okay?
- Yes, this is what we would consider a contingency contract; which means the sale of your new home is contingent on you selling your current home first. We have an addendum that is added to the contract. For further information, please feel free to contact one of our Community Sales Managers.
Where do you build new homes?
- Cambridge Homes proudly produces luxury homes in the Dallas/ Fort Worth metroplex, including Frisco, Plano and Rowlett. Learn more about our communities and find your new luxury home today! We build in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
Do I need a Realtor to build a home?
- No, you don’t necessarily need a Realtor; however, Realtors are extremely helpful during the contract process and closing.
How do I get started with a new home from Cambridge Homes?